Monday, February 25, 2008

Small Steps

Kaira's Lyrics & Significance

Theses Are some lyrics that go along with the book...

Theses shoes, theses jewels, this dress.
I'm but a damsel in distress.
Save me I'm but a damsel in distress.

The lyrics relate to the story because when Armpit here's the song. He thinks she says something else. But he knows she doesn't. He thinks she says...

These shoes, theses jewels, this dress.
Armpit a damsel in distress.
Save me Armpit a damsel in distress.

At the concert after the one in Austin, she actually sang...

These shoes, theses jewels. this dress.
Armpit a damsel in distress.
Save me Armpit a damsel in distress.

These shoes, these jewels, this dress... mean like her life in luxury. So all together...

These shoes, these jewels, this dress,
I'm but a damsel in distress... mean her life in luxury is making her lose control and be in distress.




4 comments:

s.benning said...

You're too cool Jules. Check your spelling though.

Mr. Talner said...

Julia,
I think you have a good start on this, but what is the significance of ,"these shoes, these jewels, this dress? Also, listen to your mother, check your spelling.

Samantha L's Humanities Blog said...

It is great. I think that you explained it thouroughly. It really defines the lyrics well.

Hunter B. said...

You did a great job on this blog. Why do you think that she sang those lyrics after meeting Armpit? Is there a significance between them and Kaira's relationship with Armpit?